Tuesday, June 10, 2014

At Summer's End

Summer is a little different for my family. Most families are prepping for vacation and road trips. My husband usually finds himself busy, preparing for the many tourists who will visit his place of work. You see, my husband works in the theme park and resort industry. My son and I stay close to home, spending our time poolside.

We do have something to look forward to. At summer's end, when most kids are headed back to school. We spend a little time together as a family. When we lived in Orlando, we often swapped tickets so that we could visit Disney World. I have so many wonderful photos from those trips and it's about time I get them onto layouts.


I loved the car themed paper from the June kits. It was perfect for documenting my family on the go-carts. My son steered and my husband worked the pedals. I added one of the Vintage Sew On buttons. It reminded me a bit of a car tire.I cut the journal card in half which allowed me to slide it above and below the photo.


This colorful scalloped paper reminded me of waves. It seemed destined to help me document our ride on the paddle-wheel boat. Since we saw a Moose on our journey, I chose to add the vintage label from the May Antiquarian kit.

We still haven't decided where our end of summer family adventure will take us this year. I do know it's a tradition I look forward to every year. What summer traditions does your family have?



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment