Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to School with Jill Sprott


As a teacher, I am a firm believer that even though there is a time of year designated for going "back to school," the process of learning never ends.  For me, going back to school isn't about starting the process of learning again; instead, it is about continuing that process, an effort that is fueled by lots of energy and enthusiasm, and facilitated by LOTS of lists.

This layout shares a glimpse at my second week "back to school" as well as a few of the lists that document my days.

As layered and loaded as this page is, this is the simplified version of my week! I organized the journaling day by day, by misting over alphabets and journaling alongside each block, summarizing the events of each day.
There are actually quite a few accents and papers in the JBS collections that work wonderfully with school-themed layouts. For instance, the border that I created using Flag Banner Number stickers represents the seven periods of the day, and the alphabet journaling card and Haven "Dictionary" patterned paper are among this English teacher's favorite supplies.

I pieced together the title by misting over, cutting out, and sewing letters from a sheet of Haven "Peeling Paper" patterned paper, placing them over a ledger-printed label sticker.
This layout idea could easily work with a student in mind, or could be interpreted to document your own daily routines and preoccupations.  Learning, after all, isn't limited to students or schools; it never stops!


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Great LO! I love that you've documented what a week in your life is like - it will be great journaling to look back on in years to come. Nice job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this when I saw it first and wanted to tell you again. It's just amazing.

    ReplyDelete