Wednesday, July 17, 2013

summer of sweat

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but we've been celebrating lots of different things that we love about summer here on the jbs blog this month - really it's not hard, there's so much to love! I will admit, my project takes a bit more of  as serious turn, but we've also been having lots of fun while we're at it!


A couple of months ago, it came to my attention that, guess what? My blood pressure is high. Booo... But instead of being bummed about it, I looked at it as an opportunity to change myself and get better. I committed to 30 minutes of exercise per day at least five days a week. I'm swimming, doing yoga, and running. In fact, we've all decided as a family to train to run a 5K together on Labor Day.


Fast forward 4+ weeks, and my blood pressure is down to 111/71. Healthy. I feel awesome. I'm still not a great runner, but I'm learning and training. We're teaching our boys some great lessons about healthy habits and fitness.


I'm still loving every bit of this Modern Mercantile line - the greens, blues, and yellows were perfect for my photos of the track where we run 2-3 times per week.
And the green vintage sew on buttons are the perfect accent for the papers!

~ Leah
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. so gorgeous leah - the design and the colors - i LOVE your style

    ReplyDelete