Tuesday, December 16, 2014

And So This is Christmas...

Usually, I am stumped when it comes to using ampersands on a layout. This time however, I immediately thought of the song Happy Christmas by John Lennon. Songs can be a powerful tool when it comes to creating titles or inspiring layouts. This layout began with the title and a single piece of patterned paper. From there, I found my photo and my story.


I chose papers and embellishments from both the main kit and the Artisan kit. The design is based on a Page Maps Sketch. The picture really doesn't do the gold foil ampersands justice. They are far richer in real life.

I chose to document one of our traditional holiday activities. Visiting the local department store and seeing the decorations on display marks the beginning of the holiday season for me. What makes you think " so this is Christmas"? 


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment