Thursday, November 8, 2012

Christmas 2012 Advent Tag Set


Hi everyone!
This is Ashley here today, with my first JBS Inspiration blog post as a JBS Ambassador! I was very excited to see Jenni's Christmas 2012 line and knew right away I wanted to make a home decor project with it. I loved the shade of red paired with that lovely cream colour. I couldn't resist adding in some gold and glitter, because it just doesn't feel like the holidays to me, without some shine and sparkle!

I used JBS Christmas 2012 papers, and lots of other great JBS products to make a set of 25 Christmas tags. These could be used as an advent calendar: add numbers and hang one a day, or hang them up daily on little numbered pins. I think they would also be great strung along a fireplace front as a garland, or even given away as gift tags on holiday presents. Or, how cool would they be hung on a Christmas tree? Right now I have them displayed on a large idea board frame. 
Here are all 25 tags together. I used shipping tags and some of the new JBS perforated tags for others. Some have no actual tag component at all, while some are made like fair ribbons. I tried to use a variety of supplies and really just stuck to the red, cream and gold theme. I also pulled out some of my favourite vintage supplies for this tag set. There are some very similar pieces available at the JBS Mercantile Flea Market, or that sometimes come with the JBS Antiquarian add-on kit, like vintage pen nibs, vintage trims, and vintage milk caps.

For the first four tags. I was heavily inspired thinking about fair ribbons and letters to Santa. The numeral 1 star is from the Christmas 2012 Accessory Sheet, and so is the bingo chip bordered tag behind it. For the second tag, I topped a gold tissue paper ribbon with a medium vintage flag tag and a vintage jingle bell. The lovely mini December calendar is just embellished with a leaf coated in gold German glass glitter -- and I love the simplicity of this tag. The mini envie tag is stuffed with a stamped vintage typewriter image, a vintage pen nib, and a sweet little  airmail sticker.

Lots of new JBS Christmas products in this next set, and some of my stashed faves. The bank of happiness bank note is from the Christmas 2012 Accessory sheet, and there is some full size bingo chip paper, and some mini sheet bingo chip paper. I love using button cards as a complete embellishment, and this great cream and gold JBS button card was perfect for this set! I used a 25 cent General Store postage stamp sticker, and a postage stamp label on the glitter-filled test tube. The Accessory Sheet also has some great little to-from tags, and I cut the banner out to wrap around the bottle brush tree. The happy flash card seemed like a good choice to go over the vintage eye and hook card, because, well -- Christmas is a happy time!
How awesome would these vintage test tubes be made into a set of ornaments, like the one above?

This give Silhouette mini deck card was too perfect for a Christmas tag! I layered it over one of the big red lined tags from the perforated tag paper sheet. It is topped with a paper bow made out of the mini pattern sheet. The red game card is also from the new lotto mini deck set -- love the way a non-themed piece can look perfectly festive if in the right colour! The Christmas Ribbon paper sentiment made such an easy embellishment for the game card and key tag; I think this paper is going to make holiday card-making fast and lovely! 
A red label from Red Black Line Extension IV Accessory sheet, a gift tag from the Christmas 2012 Accessory sheet, and a few pieces of paper and ribbon filled out the rest of these tags above. I really love  JBS Accessory Sheet patterned paper sheets. They are such good value, and so useful. I like cutting them up as soon as I get them and store the pieces in with my other labels and cards, so I can pull out whatever colour is needed for a current project.

 To see the rest of the tags in the set and close up-details of all of them, please come visit my blog, things that shine.

It is too early to say happy holidays, but definitely not too early to start some happy holiday crafting!

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. So, so merry and festive and inspiring! I love them all! But especially love the bottleneck brush tree and test tube tags. Even your framed display works well for these. All the goodness in one spot. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely amazing!! So much wonderful detail and inspiration!! xo Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I can't wait to try some of your ideas out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabuous work Ashely! love that test tube tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love... love... love THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous combination of goods, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so so cool!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete