Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I Do Not Take These Days For Granted

The August Kits are really perfect for beach vacations.  They have just the right amount of blue skies, sun kissed golds, and sandy creams.  I was especially tickled with the amount of vintage product in the Papercrafting Kit (sold out! sorry!).  I used the large ledger sheet to back my photos and the vintage cigar labels to mat them.  I also wanted to share this little tip:  if you're wanting to include more scenic photos, but just don't feel you have the room for them, try using them in the background and attaching a smaller action shot to the front.  The bit of layering adds visual interest and lets you get two photos in one space!  I'm in love with this look now!

And, of course, now that school has started back for us, I am looking back with longing on these lazy beach days of summer.  It was fun to reminisce while I scrapbooked them.

I went ahead and created the facing page in my album using the Historian Add-on so the pages would blend well.

The vellum overlays were just perfect for adding extra journaling, but still letting the photos peek through.  I guess I am very much into layered photos this month!

If you are still in your last few days of summer freedom with your children, I urge you to enjoy them to the fullest!  :)
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Your layout and pocket page blend so well together! So amazing to put your layout title on your photo and I'm loving your layered photos too. Both projects have a dreamy quality. :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pages Doris...ahhhhh....makes me want to scrapbook BIG time my vacation pics!! It looks like you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete