Monday, August 18, 2014

Scrapbooking with Anchors

This week we are focusing on a popular summertime icon in the scrapbooking industry: the anchor.   Living close to the ocean myself, I have found this a very welcome trend.

The anchor most obviously evokes images of the sea, ocean, and beach, but can also conjure up the themes of stability and security.

The August JBS Mercantile Papercrafting Kit and Artisan Kit were filled with anchor images and I played off the many meanings of the word anchor and combined it with anchor quotations you can find online to create this mini album for my son.



The cover is a shaker box created with the exclusive wood veneer frame, an anchor 3-D sticker, and vellum tag from the kits.



I made an accordion style album and paired up anchor quotations with photos of my son from the beach for half of the pages.


The vintage cigar box paper from the Papercrafting Kit is gor.geous and worked so well to create the pocket that runs across the entire album.  The circles on the cigar paper were accented with sequins (my JBS stash) and enamel dots from the kit.


I played with the anchor products form the kits on the the other half of the pages.


I hope you were lucky enough to grab one of the Papercrafting or Artisan kits before they sold out.  If so, have fun creating your own anchor themed projects.  You can still pick up the Antiquarian, Historian, or Crafted Kit - there are just a few still available!

If you'd like to see my collection of anchor images and quotes, check out my "Anchor" pinboard on my Pinterest account.


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. This is cute. I will have to make one since we just got back from a wonderful beach trip. Thanks for sharing you beautiful ideas!

    ReplyDelete