Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hybrid Happiness and a Sale

We've got two digital kits at SnapClickSupplyCo today and don't fret traditional scrappers!  Wait until you see how our Creative Team member,  Chantalle McDaniel used The Writer's Collection to create a lovely "physical" layout and take a look at our other kit on sale: it's great for pocket pages:







Here's Chantalle:

‘Writer’s Block’

My DS is really into composing his own short stories at the moment. It makes me swell with pride to see him using his imagination to create worlds of his own! JBS ‘The Writer’s Collection' could not have been more perfect for documenting this memory.


I started (as I usually do with hybrid layouts) by setting my idea up on my Mac in a blank document. This one is quite simple in it’s design and was predominantly printed straight onto kraft card stock. I’ve never been a fan of my handwriting, so I type it up when I can. 

I am absolutely smitten with these Pen Nibs! Every element in this little kit is beautiful.


I cut some of the title out on my Silhouette Cameo (after I had already printed the first part of it out) It was quite tricky working out the spacing, but worth the bit of effort. I wanted to play on the word ‘block’, creating a kind of jump in the text, mirroring my son’s frustration with himself when he doesn’t get his words or ideas onto paper, quite perfectly. Hence, the ‘O’ is a bit distressed.


The pocket is a simple folded strip, machine stitched closed. Inside, is a photocopy of one of his stories.


Materials:

Digital

JBS The Writer’s Collection

Traditional

JBS Wren ‘Typing Lesson’
JBS Flatbacks ‘Icons’


Absolutely Gorgeous Chantalle!  You have inspired me!  Thank you for sharing.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment