Thursday, October 23, 2014

From Pinterest to Scrapbook Page | Circle Inspired

My Pinterest boards are overflowing with inspiration for fashion, cooking, home decor, and of course, scrapbooking! But it's not just layouts and sketches that provide starting points for my page designs. Recently I cam across this pin, featuring a giclee print available on Etsy:


I was drawn to the series of circles, each with their own unique texture. And since I am a huge fan of grid designs, the 3x4 arrangement of elements was a composition I knew I could replicate on a page.





Using the  October Papercrafting Kit, I cut circles slightly smaller than 3 inches in diameter from the kit papers, as well as two photos of my kids in the pumpkin patch. To mimic the texture in the inspiration piece, I added simple twine stitching to some of the circles.



So what is inspiring you on Pinterest on lately? How could you translate it to a scrapbook page? We'd love to see what you create! And don't forget to check out the JBS Pinterest Boards for lots of inspiring layouts, cards, projects, and more!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment