Monday, October 6, 2014

Guest Star, Katie Scott!

We are delighted to welcome our October guest, Katie Scott, to the JBS Mercantile Inspiration Blog.

Hi, I'm Katie Scott.  I'm on the creative team at Get It Scrapped.  I blog at www.kissandtellscrapbooking.com; I also have a You Tube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/KissandTellScrapbook where I do real time scrapbook process videos.  

I was so inspired by the JBS Mercantile October Kits that I went on a scrapbooking frenzy and I'm in the process of finishing 15 layouts with this them (Katie's favorite layout is below, but you can see four more finished layouts in the October Design Team Gallery, with more on the way on the 15th when we do mid-month updates)!

Happy Camper Ruby is probably my favorite layout so far because I used a photo from my grandmother's scrapbook - this was a scrapbook that her sister made for her in the early 1940s and I hadn't seen until this past summer.  I'm having so much fun getting to know my Nana Ruby as a young woman.  I had fun with mist on this layout - something I don't do very often in my scrapbooking.  This layout was easy to put together and I felt like I was playing while I created it.


I can happily say that my scrapbooking tanker style desk is still a bit of a mess from playing with the JBS kit.  I used my favorite adhesive for die cuts Thermoweb Sticky Dots as a holding place for all those lovely Fancy Pants sequins from the kit.  They are just waiting for me to add those final touches to the rest of the layouts I have created with the kit.  Plus, I can't wait to use that wood veneer die cut on a layout about Thanksgiving - I put the My Mind's Eye wood veneer paper that came in the kit through my Silhouette Cameo and it cut perfectly!

This is my favorite picture right now:  This is the last photo I took:  I brought my son and his friend over to a mangrove island near our house to go fishing and build a camp fire - we kayaked and paddle boarded over and beat the storm on the way home.  It was a good day.

Thanks for the inspiration, Katie!  We love it and are excited to see even more soon!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Great inspiration. I can hardly wait to get my kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait .... did you say 15 layouts? my gosh! Love your layout and thanks for the info on the wood veneer going through the cameo - I'm going to try! I just love the photo of your "mess" because it's so pretty - did you really organize your sequins? and that photo Katie is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout! Love the design of the page and the use of the old photo! Can't wait to see your other pages! Hopping over to the gallery right now!

    ReplyDelete