Monday, June 14, 2010

Guest Star Chris Dodaj!

"We Love a Photobooth" is displaying some fun pics from a photobooth shoot. I used the textured cardstock with the rub-on butterfly, and one of each of the pp squares for a fun happy background. I used the butterflies to emphasize the colors and the flats to direct you to the photos and the fun circle letters for my title.

For "2 Brothers" I used the die card stock, the round letters and I used the little yellow printed sheets for journaling.

"Brooke" is about my daughter Brooke, at nine months. I adore the flags and reach for them constantly! I accentuated the butterfly by using the red butterfly against the yellow print paper to make it pop. I love how it turned out!!

This birthday card is using my favorite colors together, pink and red. I used the large pink rub-on and a small embellished butterfly for dimension and the red circle letters in two styles for the message.

My name is Chris, I'm 37 married to my best friend Jeno for 11 years and Mama to my two sweet girls, Brenna, 5 and Brooke, 11 months. I've been scrapbooking and making cards since I was married and it became therapy for me after a car accident left me out of work with a brain injury 9 years ago.
Besides scrapbooking, I love to visit estate sales, auctions and thrift shops for fun items. I also love to cook and bake, decorate and organize. When I'm not doing any of the above, you can usually find me and the gang at the beach in the summer. It's my very favorite place to be.
I have a special place for Jenni Bowlin and her products. Last year, we lost our house and everything in it when a tree fell on it during a rain storm. I had to cancel my subscription, and Jenni wished us the best of luck and sent me a kit for free to enjoy. I am still so grateful for that act of kindness.
Thanks for the inspiration Chris!
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. yay....sending out the love they look beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these layouts and cards Chris! You have the coolest style !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo cute! lovin' those butterfly rubons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome guest! and love that card so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your style, girl!! Great layouts and Brooke is a total cutie!
    Beth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris! So happy to see your work featured :)

    ReplyDelete