Thursday, December 30, 2010

Guest Star Angie Backen!

Hi all! My name is Angie & I've been a fan of JB and her products since I started being crafty again a few years ago so when I was asked to guest on the Inspiration Blog, I was beyond thrilled! Thank you so much for the opportunity.

I bought these white wicker balls from the dollar store, not really knowing what I was going to do with them. When I saw the colors and papers I was working with, I knew right away what I wanted to make. I created these ornaments for a sweet friend of mine, who just happens to love the color red. I tucked different JB paper punched circles and paper strips into each ball, applied some sparkly ModPodge to keep them in place, wound some red crocheted chains around each and created a fun little topper & tag using the JB tickets & alphas. They came out so much cuter than I had envisioned!

I also made a layout, wanting to capture my thoughts about this recent photo I snapped of my mother & grandmother holding hands. I've been wanting to use those fabulous JB butterflies for the longest time and knew they'd be perfect for this one.

Thanks for the fabulous inspiration Angie! You can view more of Angie's creations on her personal blog and her ATC challenge blog.
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Lovely darling pie!!!!
    Congrats on the guest star position!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that picture...brought tears to my eyes. thank you for sharing. happy new year.
    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beeeeeeutiful project and layout, Angie. Congrats, you rock star! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing projects!! You rock, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love these little ornaments and love that I get to look at them all the time. Nothing could be better than red JBS goodness and your amazing skills! Your page is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to see my friend up there .. Congrats girl .. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Angie!! LOVE that layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you so much, ladies! i loved being a featured guest here. and would GLADLY do it again. just sayin'. ;)

    ReplyDelete