Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Megan Klauer inspired by Jenni Bowlin

As I sat and looked through Jenni's beautiful blog, I was of course inspired by her love of all things vintage. The way she uses old photographs that have long begged to be put on a scrapbook page. Her use of rub-ons and this amazing technique tutorial; which became the starting point of my page.

I began by applying the Transferware Flowers rub-on onto the backside of the Be Our Guest - Tea Towel paper.

I then in true Jenni style added a thin layer of Jenni Bowlin for Ranger Malted Milk Paint Dabber to "vintage" it up a bit. Followed by the paint technique as shown HERE on Jenni's blog.

I trimmed it down a bit and added it to the bottom right hand corner of my page.

I also used the remaining portion of the rub-on and the same technique with the paint and tape on top of an old manilla tag.


Thanks for the inspiration Megan! And we have a layout from Waleska to look forward to tomorrow following this same technique!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Megan! Great LO! You, but a bit different feel! Nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...I love this page. I love the technique you used on the rub on. I need to try this. Beautiful...

    Louise

    ReplyDelete