Monday, September 30, 2013

Orange, Lime, and the Details : September JBS Mercantile Papercrafting Kit

I think my very favorite color combo right now might be orange and lime.  The September Mercantile PaperCrafting Kit has gorgeous patterned paper that use these colors.

Here are a couple of details of the last two layouts I created with the kit:


It's the Little Things :  I started this layout by creating a tone on tone background with white flower stems cut from cardstock with my silhouette:


I used the same die cut image cut from the Glitz Finnley orange ombre paper and the lime scalloped paper on the left hand side of the layout.  I ended up loving the negative portion of the cut and used one of those instead:


There are wonderful metal embellishments in the kit.  I took one of the wire cameras, backed the center with one of the orange patterned papers and filled the middle with Glossy Accents to give it a shine.


MMMOO:


When I saw the alphabet stickers sheet my eye immediately went to the line with the letters "MMMOO" and I couldn't help but think of the calf I took a photo of this summer.  I pulled off all the letters, stuck them in my journal for future use, backed the "MMMOO" with more of the orange ombre paper, and stuck the entire sheet on a piece of black cardstock in the kit.  This became the left hand side of my page. In the middle of the Exclusive September Clock stamp image I placed a JBS chipboard milkcap.  It's the only item from my stash, but I just couldn't resist using it:


On the right side, I used the same die-cuts I used on the previous layout, and combined negative with positive cuts.  The colors are such a striking combination, don't you think?!


I love this kit and you will too!  There are limited kits available, so grab yours now!




Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Love these layouts! TFS your process!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the colour combo and LOVE the layouts!!!
    COOL and CLEVER idea with the sticker sheet - thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy these layouts are just fabulous! You inspire me every time you post. I was a little apprehensive about these bright colours at first but you make it look so easy, and now I can't stop using my own kit to make some recent favourite layouts. Thanks for sharing your process. xx

    ReplyDelete