Monday, September 7, 2009

Back to School with Lisa Truesdell . . .

I created a page for each of my school age kids, featuring a back to school photo and their signatures. I kept the design and accents mostly the same, but tweaked each page a little so they aren't identical. I love how Jenni's new releases mix so well with her older products, and I think I'm going to be using her memo notepads a lot in the future.

To add a little interest on Alex's page, I punched stars from patterned paper and added them over the stars on another pattern.. I also tied baker's twine through vintage buttons and added them to some of the stars. I also used some yellow mist over the text paper to add a little color.
On Ben's page, I added aqua into the color scheme to change it up a bit. I stitched lines on the red patterned paper for a quilted look, and tied baker's twine into a bow. Vintage stars and Jenni's pearl flowers accent the page.

I plan on making a second page for each boy featuring a photo of them with their teachers and some info about their favorite parts of school. This basic design is flexible enough that I should be able to easily adapt it and add a page for each school year to create a cohesive album.

Thanks for the inspiration Lisa aka Gluestickgirl!

Tomorrow's inspiraton . . . new September JBS Mercantile from Keisha!
Pin It!

2 comments: