Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mini-Albums with Tracie and Jennifer

Each month a few of us get together to pack the JBS Mercantile kits. Let me just say, hanging at Jenni's could never be called work! Today we'd like to spotlight some of this outstanding local talent with two fabulous mini-albums . . .

The first is by Tracie Claiborne who writes . . . The Creative Cafe journaling insert that came in the September kit was a perfect base for a mini-album. (Even though it doesn't show in my album, I used the pages as a base for each of my album pages.) I turned the chipboard backing that came with it into a cover by adding JBS and 7Gypsies paper on either side. Then I used the chipboard piece that came with the Project Kit for the back of my mini-album. I cut it a little wider, allowing it to extend on the side. I LOVE the yummy black polka-dot cardstock that came with the kit. I used it to make a fat scalloped border for the cover. My inspiration for this project came from the 7Gypsies sticker sheet. The sticker "it speaks to me" appealed to me and I went through a long list of things that I could do a mini-album about and finally settled on my love of reading.





The second is a creation is a charming hodge-podge mini by Jennifer Webb using the August JBS Mercantile kit.




Thanks Jennifer and Tracie for sharing your talent with us!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love both the albums and Tracie, I loved Nancy Drew books when I was growing up, too. What a great idea you gave me to try to collect the older editions. I don't know what happened to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys must have something awesome in the water down there! great minis!

    ReplyDelete