Thursday, February 20, 2014

Welcome February Guest Chantal Vandenberg

This month we are excited to welcome the lovely and talented Chantal Vandenberg to the JBS Mercantile Gallery.   Chantal is an Australian designer and one of this year's Scrapbooking Memories Masters.  You can find more of her work on her blog, "Girls Just Wanna Scrapbook," and in her shop.

I have used the awesome February 2014 Papercrafting Kit  here for my layout, "Say What??!."
 
I was so inspired by the wonderfully playful speech bubble paper and the coordinating Maya Road paper clips.  These elements gave me the perfect opportunity to scrapbook some wonderful memories about my youngest daughter, Heidi, who says the cutest and funniest things!  It's so important to jot down these little moments as they are so easy to forget over time.  I really enjoyed creating this layout, as I had some fab photos and journalling all ready to go and this kit just made the whole layout come together so sweetly!  I absolutely adore the colours and the lovely timeless embellishments included!  I used the Mercantile Exclusive Stencil with some different coloured mists - to pepper a sweet rainbow of hearts over the patterned background for extra depth and for a cute and colourful detail.
 
I absolutely love JBS Mercantile kits and I can't wait to create some more projects very soon!! 

I recently was announced as a Scrapbooking Memories Master, and not only that, my layout was on the cover too!  The layout is one of my very favourites ever and I have it sitting on my shelving unit where I keep all my magazines, albums and scrapbooking supplies.  I can't put it away yet!! :)

This photo was taken of myself and my youngest daughter Heidi only weeks ago at the beach.  I'm so glad I asked my husband to capture this moment, as I am usually behind the camera!  I try to remember to hand over the camera and this shot is my latest fave!
Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout, so many wonderful memories there and I have to smile at some of your journalling too.. and that is a gorgeous photo too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the GDT Chantal!! I love love love your lo!! Just gorgeous! LOVING the photos and the way you journaled!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic page Chantal. It is so original and so very you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Chantal! Very clever layout for your title.
    I love the idea behind the page. I particularly loved your daughter's comment about wanting to be a famous scrapbooker like her mummy. You know what? Me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooooowsies! Your scrapping is just sooo pop-a-licious....really looking forward to seeing what you create....that double is GORGALICIOUS:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of the mouth of babies... love some of the conversations this young miss has had :) :) & your a beautiful scrapper to capture them for her, for such Happy memories. xx A beautiful layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic layout Chantal..... the reason why we scrap..... to scrap these memorable moments...Gorgeous!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chantal congrats on being a gdt. Your design is so fun and colouring and I love the journaling. Awesome photo of two beautiful people.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love that page, so full of life and stories and cuteness, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Chantal! What a great job you've done with this! Love the way you've recorded so much on the one page.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this page Chantal!! You always do such bright, fun layouts and it's such a pleasure to scan around the page and find all the little goodies you've placed on it. This one is no exception ... absolutely gorgeous and your daughter is such a cutie!!! Congratulations on being Guest Designer ... awesome, and well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WaaHooo Congratulations Chantal! So fab to see your fab creativity at JBS :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Chantal!! I absolutely LOVE that first page- gorgeous projects for a fantastic kit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much everyone for all your kind comments!!! :D

    ReplyDelete