Monday, July 28, 2014

Guest Star Evie Erickson!

This month we are delighted to welcome Evie Erickson as our guest with JBS Mercantile.  Here is just a sampling of her lovely work.  You can see more in the JBS Mercantile Gallery and on her blog,  http://artfulscrapbooking.wordpress.com/ .

First of all let me just start by saying I love scrapbooking!  I have a background in fine arts and discovered scrapbooking in 2002 shortly after my son was born.  I just loved how this hobby encompassed everything I liked doing; taking pictures, making art, and writing.  Over the years I've gone back and forth between fine arts and scrapbooking, until 2012 when I realized scrapbooking is my art...and I've been a happy camper every since!! I so enjoy being part of the online crafting community and have so much fun blogging my scrappy adventures.
Four Corners is my favorite layout I created with the July kits.  I just love this photo of my son with a different appendage in each state...he looks like a bug.  Gathering the bits and pieces of the kits I made a medallion of sorts. I layered patterned paper, the wood veneer dominoes, flair, and metal star, giving the page a southwest feel.  I really love how this layout documents this awesome funny moment in time.

Here is a mixed media mini album I made in 2007 about my son and the passage of time.  I keep it on display in my craft area. It has layers and layers of paint, paper, rub-ons, and found items.  I actually found the yellow button on the streets of Paris!

This picture of my son in this mini is one of my all time favorites.  Being a mixed media album you would think I put this red heart sticker right on the photo, but no, my son came out of kindergarten one day with it stuck to his nose.  Of course, I had to snap this pic; a one in million shot!
Thanks for the inspiration, Evie!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful inspiration pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration! Love that photo of your son with the heart on his nose, priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects! I love the four corners page! That photo is so fun!

    ReplyDelete