Sunday, March 14, 2010

Guest Star: Amy Tan



My name is Amy Tan, but my company name is Amy Tangerine. I am 31 years old and the founder of Amy Tangerine, a creative company based in Los Angeles, CA. We make fun, super soft shirts for ladies and children. We also do live scrapbooking at weddings, birthday parties and other special occasions.
I am an only child.
I'm a Libra.
I was born in Chicago, IL.
I do not like cold weather at all.
Sunshine makes me really happy.
Perms were cool when I was growing up so of course I had one.
I have been scrapbooking for over 3 years and got my first page published this year.
I have always had an affliction for all things crafty.
I made my high school prom dress.
Love to travel and have been to 5 continents.
Australia is my favorite place.
Hawaii and Thailand are tied for second favorite place.
I have 2 jack russell terriers, Buster and Bamboo.
I have a boyfriend. I call him Mr. Wonderful.
My favorite food is nachos. I think it counts as a food.
Giving people gifts they really want is fun to me-
I just gave my cousin my Nikon D40 & got the D90.
Seeing cute, old people makes me smile.
The movies I have seen recently are: Valentine's Day, An Education, and No Impact Man.
I usually only require 7 hours of sleep and don't wake up to an alarm most days.
My dreams usually consist of me being in a hotel or a school.
I enjoy laughing so hard my stomach hurts.
Most times I yell at the TV louder than anyone else while watching football.
I find inspiration in little silly things.
5 is my favorite number.
I live 5 blocks from the beach and my mom and grandma live 5 miles away from me.
I like lists.
I just love incorporating sewing into my layouts. For "The Life" layout I backstitched most of the quote. Loved using little strips of paper and the butterflies too. For "Our Visit to the Baha'i Temple," I cut out parts of the brochure and added some hand stitched flowers. The buttons are irresistible and rub-ons are one of my favorite products. For "Girls Trip to Napa" it was fun to use the paper to frame the photos. Everything is Jenni Bowlin, except for the Studio Calico sticker and the Washi Tape. Thanks so much for having me here!
Thanks for the inspiration Amy!
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Just gorgeous! Absolutely loving that first page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is amazing! I'll definitely be visiting your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are stunning!!
    and australia is your fave place? that is so cool :) come visit us in oz soon ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts and very inspiring.

    sfread171@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work AmY! You are such a neat person! I live near Chicago and I am a Libra too!
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy,
    I found your blog because of a Google Alert for stories or blogs discussing the Baha'i Faith and your entry about visiting the Baha'i Temple came up.

    Lovely site! I especially like your idea of a "live scrapbooking at weddings, birthday parties and other special occasions." Sounds great!

    I wish you all the best with your creative ventures... Warmly, Ellen (from Wilmette, IL)

    ReplyDelete