Friday, September 17, 2010

Fold-Out Postcard Holder by Betsy Sammarco

This “postcard” holder displays your 4x6 photos and is modeled after vintage fold-out postcard holders. Here’s how you can make one:

Cover a piece of cardstock 6-1/2” x 11” with patterned paper on both sides. I use Helmar Premium Craft Glue as my adhesive for this. Score your covered cardstock at 1”, 5-1/2”, 5-3/4”, and at 10-1/4”. This is your postcard holder cover.

Make an accordian fold out piece for your photos using another piece of cardstock cut to 6”x12”. Score one piece at 4” intervals and the other at 1”, 5”, and 9”. Cut 2 inches off the second piece. This piece of cardstock has 2 - 1” flaps. One flap is used to adhere to the first accordian piece and the other 1” flap adheres to the inside of your holder.
The holder can be closed in a variety of ways. I used a Vintage Sew On Button and trimmed the top flap so it secures under the button.

The small bottom flap is folded toward the inside of the holder and secured on both ends to form a small faux pocket for a journaling card.

Add your photos!

Decorate the front of the holder. I used a Journaling Card, Ledger letter stickers, Star stickers, and a Tim Holtz stamp.

Fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration Betsy!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Betsy these are so adorable - thanks for such a clever idea!
    Ranjini

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea. I can use it for mini books to give to friends with photos of their kids that I've taken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's adorable and easy - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much! I just made my first one for a Christmas gift for my sons godparents. I think they will love it!

    ReplyDelete