Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Guest Star Jill Sprott

Hi! I'm Jill Sprott (rhymes with "boat"), and I'm beyond thrilled to be guesting here on the JBS Inspiration blog, which is one of my favorite places to visit in Blogland. I live on the island of Oahu, Hawaii, with my husband Rob and my daughter Zoe. By day, I'm an English teacher, which means that by night, I'm usually comatose, but on the weekends, you can find me scrapping happily in the midst of my colorful mess. Yep, I'm a messy scrapper, but it works for me. I scrap in a creatively cluttered corner of my living room, and the odds and ends on my desk sometimes spark the most unexpected ideas.


Every so often I look back at how my creative process has changed over the years, and I know that the most important lesson I have learned is to let go of fear and worry while I create. I've grown the most by taking risks, by venturing out of my comfort zones, and by being a part of communities where different styles are celebrated. The one thing that hasn't changed about me as a scrapper is that I have a big (huge) all-consuming love of patterned paper, and the new JBS collection is definitely fueling that fire. An abundance of green and yellow? Oh, yes. Vintage alphabet paper and journaling cards? Oh, dear. Fluttering butterflies and old school alphas and kitschy-cute chipboard buttons? Oh, my.




If you'd like to know more about about me, you can check out my blog at http://wordplaywordwork.blogspot.com/.





Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!! Jill is such an amazing designer! Love the advice about letting go...so true! Congrats Jill! Your work here is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful inspiration, Jill! I always LOVE your work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE Jill's work and these pages are no exception! Awesome stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work - thanks for sharing your talent with us Jill!
    Ranjini

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treat! Love Jill's pages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fabulous choice - Jill's work amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW these are amazing, Jill! I'm a big fan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore Jill's work and love seeing it here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what ya said about being messy! I've found many creative "happy mistakes" just from clutter and leftovers. Cake LO is really nice! LenaS

    ReplyDelete