Wednesday, September 19, 2012

back to school - literature

I've loved reading through the excellent lessons {and play time!} that have been a part of this series of blog posts here for the back to school theme! Have you?

I'll go ahead and admit this right up front - I never had a problem with not liking school. Academics or playtime. Music or art. I loved them all. But, if I had to choose a favorite, it would have to be literature. It's a love that I've carried with me into adulthood, and I'm attempting to pass on to our boys.


I had so many ideas for inspiration on the subject, but I settled on using the concept of "character" as my starting point. As our boys grow, it's something that I think about a lot.  How to pass on character. Here I've got a photo of them working on homework their first week back to school. You can see that I've made a few notes to them in the small journal spots I've included below.


I'd love to see your literature inspired layouts!

~ Leah
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Imparting all these lessons upon our fledglings: character, morals, academic, social... It's amazing, isn't it? Love the symbolism of the stars and award ribbon in your layout and that hint of mist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing layout! I love the cluster on top of such rich paper. Nice vintage feel, and great underlying message!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed school which is why I think I love homeschooling my son. Science was always a favorite for me. I admit to enjoying literature with my son. Sharing classics with him has helped me see some books through new eyes.

    BTW, love your LO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a neat page Leah...I love this...I may have to scraplift with a picture of my grandson doing his first homework that I took. Great great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow love your page,looks great...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous page! Love all the "white" space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your LO!!
    Love how you added the cluster of embellishments!

    ReplyDelete