Monday, January 14, 2013

Seal Cuts with Corrie

The digital cut files from the JBS Mercantile and Jessica Sprague are so much fun.  We have been showing you projects all month long using our favorite die cut files.  It is amazing what these machines can do!  I will be honest with you.  The first time I tried to use one of these, I had no idea what I was doing!  Thankfully it was pretty easy to learn, with a little help.  (Thanks Betsy!)


One of my favorites is the seal stencil.  I loved it as a stencil in the kit as well, but as a cut file it was even better because I could make it as large or small as I wanted.  For this page I wanted the cuts to take up an entire page.


I cut the large shapes out of kraft cardstock.  Then I layered different papers and a photo behind the different spaces.  I found the mini patterned sheets of paper were perfect with their scaled down patterns.


Then I added fun Jenni Bowlin embellishments like the rhinestone stars, the printed tags, and butterflies.


The vellum feathers are a must.


And a little journaling typed out on paper and the banner stickers.

I love the grid look without being square.  The seals really add a little more interest to a basic design, plus they are so much fun to customize on a layout.

Keep checking back all month long to see all the other amazing designs.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. this is really cute! Thanks for the inspiration. Gonna go scrap-lift it now :-)

    ReplyDelete