Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Celebrating Twenty

Not only am I happy to be celebrating the new releases from Jenni Bowlin Studio, but I am also thrilled to be celebrating my cat Cleo's twentieth birthday this week.  Twenty!  In cat years, that's about 100 -- I think.  Some of the cat age converters I looked at only go up to 19.  All I know is that for an old chick, this kitty is still looking good.
I used a bunch of the new JBS products here, including these lovelies:
Clockwise from top right: 
stencil, wood veneer buttons and flashcards, flatbacks, and gold rub-ons. 
I gathered together a few of the wood veneer flashcards, leaving "lucky" visible (since I am truly lucky to have had this sweet little fur ball in my life for the past two decades). I flipped over two of the flashcards and added some gold rub-ons to them. I love JBS rub-ons -- they go on so smoothly!  They should actually be called smooth-ons.
I threaded a bunch of the wood veneer buttons around the photo block, journaling, and other layers of the layout. They add so much charm to the page.
In addition to some past JBS papers (perforated kraft "Receipt" paper and "Shirt off My Back" Red/Black collection paper -- which I "softened" a bit with gesso), I incorporated a vintage cancelled check and a receipt, the latter of which includes my journaling. 

Thanks for visiting today! 
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Love your page Jill....And I love your journaling...So cut...and wow...20 years old. Such a pretty kitty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic layout... as always I LOVE all the details in your work! She does look fab for twenty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 20!!!! What a gorgeous cat! And gorgeous page too!

    ReplyDelete