Monday, April 14, 2014

New Product Focus: Wood Veneer & Sequins

I am loving all the new wood veneer designs and sparkly sequins in the newest JBS release! I knew they'd be the perfect embellishments for a page about our recent trip to Mexico, so I gathered up my favorites and got to work!







To create a beachy feel on the background, I lightly brushed it with Speckled Egg ink that I watered down.  Once it was dry, I used the Plus One Stencil with aqua acrylic paint and added some of the cross-hatch texture over the top.  I then cleaned out the stencil and used it again with a teal fine-tip marker to trace additional plus-signs around the painted areas.



I layered a few paper scraps down the center of the page and then arranged my wood frames vertically as well. I sized my four photos to fit inside the Insta-Frames, which will perfectly hold 2x2-inch prints. Adhering them with foam dots helps to pop them up off the wood a bit.




I used the Speech Bubbles stencil to trace shapes onto white cardstock. Then I cut them out with small scissors and used them to hold my journaling strips (also brushed with water down Speckled Egg ink.)


Finally, I sprinkled several of the wood veneer clouds, clear sequins, and flower sequins around the page. They add the ideal finishing touch to this vacation page!

The wood veneers, stencils, and sequins are now available online and in scrapbook stores. We'd love to see what your create with them!

Happy Scrapping!




Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout, Lisa! I love how you used the veneer frames!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! I especially like the way you used the stencils and watered down ink. The four frames are a cute idea for your pictures too. Looks like Mexico was a great spot to be. :)

    ReplyDelete