Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year's Cards with Jill Sprott

All this month on the JBS Mercantile blog we've been sharing a variety of holiday cards, and with 2012 just a few days away, it's time to get working on those New Year's greetings!
New year's celebrations, for me, are always a mix of elegance and funkiness, and that is exactly what I was trying to channel when I created these cards.

For the first card, I used a die cut machine to cut out "2012" from a sheet of JBS "Multiplication" patterned paper, and then I misted over the negative space several times, working in the die-cut numbers backed by adhesive dots as a finishing touch.
The second card took a similar approach, using the negative space from die-cut numbers and trimming it into a block.
I placed the block over layered papers, including the B-side from the Christmas Accessory Sheet (which I love), some ledger paper, and a strip of the Bingo card pattern from a piece of "Love This" Coredinations cardstock.  

The third card that I created incorporates a "beaming" chipboard star, placed against a sewn background.  I layered more die-cut letters and red and black letter stickers over the star.
Now I just need to put these in the mail, and hope that they do their job: making it clear that it is going to be a very happy new year indeed!  Have a great one!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing design of your new year greetings. this is definitely worth winning. You deserve it. Love the colors and layout. My best new year wishes to you!

    xoxox Marilyn @
    http://easyday.snydle.com/new-year-wishes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very GORGEOUS card! I love that new year greetings of yours. I'll definitely look forward for this year's new year greeting cards.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Sandra Cooper xxxx
    Eazyday.blog.com

    ReplyDelete