Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Scrap Vintage: School & Falling Leaves



If you love to scrap vintage, then you belong right here at JBS! I made this page with the September JBS Mercantile Kit (available) and the September Antiquarian Kit (sold out). There were so many great vintage pieces in those kits: the yellow ledger paper, the flashcard, the cigar label, the vintage check, and finally the vintage math/school worksheet paper. I love all these elements on this red background - which is my son's new school color. The check shows an image of a bank but I thought it resembled an old school building so I thought it went well with my theme.


Frequently when I use vintage elements on my page I back them with white cardstock as I did on the cigar label shape. I used my Cuttlebug and my favorite Spellbinders dies to make the shape.


Sometimes you can cut vintage paper with your Silhouette and sometimes you can't - sometimes it's too fragile and it gets way stuck to the Silhouette mat. That's one reason it's good to keep an old mat that isn't so sticky for the vintage paper. So with that in mind, I made color copies on my little home printer of the math calculations paper onto white cardstock. Then I was able to cut the calculations paper into those gorgeous maple leaves designed by Lisa Dickinson for JBS Mercantile.

I love to scrap vintage because it always ends up looking so unique and different!

Supplies:
JBS Mercantile September 2012 Papercrafting Kit
JBS Perforated Tag Paper - Coming Soon!
JBS Mercantile Cut Files - Maple Leaves


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous Briana! and you are genius - genius - for copying your vintage material for the silhouette!

    ReplyDelete