Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Scrap Vintage - She Gave Me


For this month's theme, I chose to journal a bit about my grandmother. At the time when I was growing up, I had NO idea how big of an impact she had on me. Not until I was older and she was gone did it finally occur to me. Oddly enough on my last visit to my parent's home, my mom brought up that something that I did reminded her of her own mother... being the oldest child in the family, I was the one who knew her the best, as she passed when I was just sixteen...
I know. I've scrapbooked this photo before. In fact, a lot. But as much as my grandmother meant to me, I don't have a lot of photos of her. So, any time I journal a bit, or tell a story about her, or talk about how much she meant to me, I pull out this picture of her. When she was young and beautiful - the way I always see her in my mind.

For this layout, I chose to journal a bit about what she passed on to me. She was a beautiful person on the inside - and out. And I'll always remember the inner strength that she passed on to me...
{supplies: cardstock, Wren mini pattern sheet, Wren Typing lessons, Wren Lace Curtains, Die cut perforated paper, Diecut perforated tags paper, Hodge Podge Sticker - Souvenir , Mini Chalkboard alpha - red, Velum Feathers,  Labels - Postage Stamp Stickers, Embellished Butterflies - Red, Pearl Flowers - Powdered Sugar, Vintage Sew On Buttons - Red, Vintage Sew On Buttons - Cream, Rhinestone Stars - Red, Black Skinny Alphas, Kraft Flag Tags, Silhouette cut file - Doily}

~ Leah


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE this Leah! Those bits and pieces in the diecut ! genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Those bits and pieces in the diecut "

    Exactly! That is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete