Monday, May 23, 2011

Stamping and Beyond: Lollipop Bouquet

After playing around with the new Jenni Bowlin Stamps, I decided to dress up some little lollipops with the stamped images and create a “bouquet”, a fun project for kids to make at a birthday party! Or they could be used as thank you gifts, or even just a display on a birthday table!I started with Jenni Bowlin’s 3” x 3” Seal stamp and used a Lemon Drops Ink Pad. It was stamped onto white cardstock and cut out. Then I snipped a little piece out of the image.

Next, I folded the two ends of the seal stamp together and attached with a Glue Dot. This creates a cone shape that will form around the lollipop better than a flat image. I poked a hole in the center where the lollipop will go.

Then I stamped the solid image of the 3” x 3” Blue Ribbon stamp onto white cardstock with Chewing Gum Ink, and then topped it with the outline stamp in Cough Syrup Ink. I cut it out and poked a hole in the center. (I didn't stamp the tails of the Blue Ribbon, just the circle.)

These two finished stamped images were layered together and a lollipop poked down through the hole. I used a Family Tree paper to cut the green polkadot leaves and attached them under the lollipop flower.

If your lollipop is flat like the one below, you can adhere the flower underneath it and add a 3” x 3” Butterfly stamp like I did here. I topped it with a Yellow Rhinestone Bow embellishment.

I used a $1 small wooden box from the craft store and wrapped it with red ribbon. The bottom is filled with foam to hold the lollipops. I cut an egg shaped foam in half that I had in my craft box and adhered it to the bottom. You will need to adhere it, because the lollipops are heavy and tend to want to fall over.

Now just poke the dressed-up lollies into the foam!

You can also cover the center of the stamped image with a 2” circle cut from patterned paper like this one.

If you use these for display on a table, you can punch some extra patterned paper circles to sprinkle on the table and add more stamped butterflies scattered around for an extra fun touch!


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovel idea and such a sweet presentation! I love it!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete