Friday, May 13, 2011

Stamps and Scissors #4 - Outside the Page

If you have a favorite stamp why not take it off the page and onto an altered 3-D item?

The Seal stamp is one of my favorite all-time stamps. I used it to highlight Matt's homerun on this photo display.


I found the vintage number printing blocks at a salvage warehouse. I snagged up letters and numbers that matter to me, like this "1" and "4" for Matt's uniform number. I glued the numbers together and used them as a base for the display. Even though the numbers are backwards, it looks pretty cool!


I stamped the Seal stamp on white card stock, cut it out, and decorated the inside circle with black bling from a previous JB Mercantile project kit. I layered JBS products and more photos upon each other with pop dots, wrapped some twine and made a cute little home run banner.


I think Matt will love it. It's his own personalized trophy!

eta - I think it IS his trophy! I found it right here the next morning:


among the game balls!



Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Very very cute. Love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so very much Betsy! I collect printing blocks in my initial, going to put a few to good use now. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very eye-catching! Home Run!
    craft-tastrophe

    ReplyDelete