Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Love by Becky Novacek

This month I've been switching my focus from Christmas to Valentine's Day and our wedding anniversary. I know that many times I think that Tom knows how much I care about him, so my scrapbooking and crafting is more about our grandchildren or children. But I really want all of them to see evidence of the love Tom and I have....and I want Tom to know that he's a priority (which I think he does) and it's not just about the kids. Our relationship is important and I want to document that more than I have in recent years. What better time than Valentine's Day and our wedding anniversary?

This framed piece is 8"x8" and I simply took the glass out so that it would be more like an open shadow box. I covered the base with a vintage book page that was in a recent JBS kit, as well as a painted ledger page. I used the bird and banner rubber stamp with the weather vane stamp pad.  The journaling is typed with a vintage typewriter onto one of my favorite JBS products, the scallop notecard.  I also gathered the red crepe paper to create a little ruffle border. There's also a little heart/circle detail in the bottom left corner with a JBS chip heart and my favorite current JBS pattern paper from the red/black extension IV addition. I hope your gears are changing up and you're focusing on your loves! - Becky

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment