Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mixing up Magpie

I'm excited to share a project with you featuring the newest Jenni Bowlin Studio release, Magpie! When I first received this collection, I was immediately drawn to two of the papers - Collect, a lovely soft green polka dot and Compile, a multi-colored chevron pattern that is so trendy right now.

I always gravitate toward these simpler, graphic patterns because they are easy to work with and incorporate into a page design.

But while I began my design with solely polka dots and chevrons, I found it was impossible not to mix in several more of the coordinating patterned papers - they all just work so wonderfully together! I've used a whopping 10 total patterns on my completed page:

I've added in snippets from the Accessory Sheet (journal spots and tags) and mini papers, as well as some of the new Quilted Stickers and Printed Tags. And while at first glance you might think Magpie is a feminine paper collection more suitable for baby or girl layouts, the small touches of red in the palette make it versatile for so many more subjects!



And that's why I love creating with Jenni's products. Everything works so fabulously together that it's okay to go overboard and include a little bit of everything! I know you are going to love creating with Magpie - and all the other new goodies Jenni has in store for you.

Stay tuned this week for more peeks from the CHA releases...and happy scrapping!

Pin It!

4 comments: