Friday, January 6, 2012

Valentine's Treat Bags


With the advent of the new year, Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and I don't know about you, but I've already got love on the brain.  I'm not alone!  All this month on the JBS Mercantile blog, we'll be sharing ideas to help you plan ahead for February 14.  Doris got us off to a great start yesterday, and today I'd love to share with you an idea for Valentine's treat bags, perfect for a child's class or circle of friends.

I began by rummaging through my stash of JBS goodies and setting aside items that had a Valentine's feel.  Do you have any idea how many JBS products there are that are perfect for V-Day projects?  Oodles! 
To create the treat bags, I used my die-cut machine to cut out templates from sheets of JBS paper and JBS/Core'dinations cardstock. 
With a few folds here and there, the bags came together quickly.   
They can be filled with sweets, valentines, and heart confetti (which I punched from the excess paper left behind after trimming the templates).  I personalized each bag by layering journaling cards, bingo cards, flowers, bows, buttons, and other accents, and then added a monogram for each of my daughter's friends.
I may or may not have consumed all of the "stunt chocolate" that I used to fill these bags.

All this month, there will be more love coming your way as the design team shares ideas for Valentine's decor, cards, and gifts.   Sweet!
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. These are awesome! Hugs from Conroe, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. love them, what die is that for the bags?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a die-cut for the Cameo (adorable_box_16_C00626_20509).

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh jill! these are fabulous! i wanted to say the quilted one was my favorite, but then i saw the little girl sillouettes in the last image! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jill, these are incredible!!! what an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete