Tuesday, April 17, 2012

From Digi to Paper with Jill Sprott

Digi? Paper?  Why choose, when you can have the best of both worlds?  That is exactly the question I asked myself when I laid eyes on this new collection of Mercantile Labels from Jenni Bowlin Studio's Digital Shoppe at JessicaSprague.com.
Although they are due to be released on April 23rd, I had the chance to play with them a few days early, and oh, I am in some serious label love.  There is a distinct advantage to having these beauties at the ready on one's desktop.  I will never, ever run out of them. I can't even begin to tell you how happy that thought makes me.  

I printed out a bunch just for this layout:
I pasted the label multiple times on a document, printed it out, and then trimmed the labels.  I then misted over them using Lemon Drops, Speckled Egg, and Seed Packet re-inkers.  My recipe is simple: fill up a mini-mister 1/4 of the way with ink, and then fill up the rest with water, shake, and spray (I like to dab the excess after spraying, using a paper towel).  When the labels dried, I added my journaling over them, pretty much spilling the contents of my head onto the page, creating a "snapshot" layout in the process.
I have most definitely learned that blurring the line between digi and paper scrapping is well worth it!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. awesome! I was thinking to myself that I missed this release... but NO you got to play early :-) Love it!

    ReplyDelete