Thursday, April 19, 2012

journal what's inspiring you

Like everyone, I'm constantly in search of what inspires me to continue to to strive to be a better person, a better wife and mom, and maybe a better "artist"... My husband and I took the time to watch the film Gandhi this past weekend, and just like we had heard - it's a life changer. You can't see that, really take it in, and not be changed. I now have two books about the man and his teachings in my queue for reading.


For my layout, I loved layering a bunch of the media {all of jenni's yummy paints and inks} together to create the background for my title - then using the stencil paper to add texture medium for the main bit of it.


I also highlighted the texture in the butterflies by brushing over it with the speckled eggs ink pad.
Here's a list of supplies if you're interested in creating something similar!


{I loved using Louise's splatter technique from this post for the paints!}

Have you journaled what's inspiring you? ~ Leah
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful! Those butterflies are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this...so beautiful. I love these colors too...the blue and yellow go so perfectly with one another. I gotta go do that "splat" right now. I'll post when I get done...

    ReplyDelete