Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Hybrid Sampler

I just love samplers ... needlework samplers ... quilted samplers ... samplers of any kind!  So when I saw Jenni's Circle Home Mixed Media Kit, it reminded me of a sampler, and inspired me to create something similar for my scrapbook:


I used the digital Frame Rub-on Kit to create the basic framework for the sampler.


It's simple to do in any word processing program.  I just dragged the digital seal image onto a document,  copied, resized, and organized the images to get  the look I wanted.  I printed the arrangement onto a printable canvas.  Each seal became a home for a photo or embellishment.  



The canvas was mounted on Inkwell paper with only a tiny border showing and then mounted on a 12x12 sheet of Nest from the Magpie collection.  This background paper works so nicely with the canvas!

Doesn't this sound like fun?!  Try creating your own framework of frames digitally, print them out, and  decorate and embellish!

Supplies:

Hodge Podge Stickers Memo, Magpie, Souvenier
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Sticky Back Canvas
Vintage Trim




Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Utterly fabulous Betsy! This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Betsy! I think I will have to scraplift this project for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Betsy..this is amazing...You are so talented....I love this. I wonder if I could somehow create the same thing with the clear stamp. I have some regular canvas and I am going to try this....I absolutely love it.
    I love samplers too. I love making things for my house. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, girl!!! Perfection...gorgeous! craft-tastrophe

    ReplyDelete