Monday, April 16, 2012

Guest Star Alexa Gill!

Today we have a fabulous post to share from Guest Designer Alexa Gill featuring our Red/Black Extension IV Collection.  Here's a bit more about Alexa and you can see more of her work on her blog, Curlywiggles.

Alexa is a 20-something girl who lives on the south coast of England in a city by the sea. She spends most of her free time wearing navy blue, scrapbooking, day dreaming, getting lost in stories, taking pictures, drinking chocolate milkshake, avoiding wearing socks, or going on adventures. She has been published in The Scrapbook Magazine, Scrapbook Inspirations and Entre Artistes.

I took an evening course at college this past term called 'Exploring Typography' and this line was perfect for documenting it! To create the alphabet pattern on the first page I used the Days of the Week stamp by inking individual letters with versamark ink and stamping onto the kraft cardstock.

 


 Jenni's packaging is so beautifully designed I hoard it even when I've used all the embellishments that it was originally housing! Here I managed to work into my page the left over backing of some rhinestone buttons by layering some pattern paper, a doily flower and a decorative brad on top of it.

 


I turned 29 last November so this page is about my feelings on this year being the last of my twenties. The Large Dot is my favourite pattern in the JBS Core'dinations line. I really love to use the reverse side as a background paper for some subtle texture, but for this page I wanted to try something a little different. To highlight the pattern I sewed around some of the dots with embroidery thread. I used a punch with the mini pattern sheet to create frames for my photos.




Last summer I went on holiday to Germany and whilst there we took a day trip to visit Salzburg in Austria. It's the birthplace of Mozart and they are very proud of this, he is everywhere! And you can buy pretty much anything you want with his face on it. To fit the theme I used a vintage music sheet for my background paper and I added some colour by covering a mask in JBS ink and stamping it directly onto the paper. I hate to throw any scraps of paper away so I used all of my leftovers to make a border around the page.


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Fab pages xx love the colour scheme but then i would as it is the colours i have in my house : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful~I love JB packaging too. Save them too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Alexa! You know I love everything you create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Alexa! You know I love everything you create!

    ReplyDelete