Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Modern Mercantile with Megan Klauer

Lisa's new collection Modern Mercantile makes me dream of summer days and much warmer weather. So, I pulled out one of my favorite photos from a few years ago. One that I have probably already scrapbooked somewhere but this time the photo made me think about how quickly time passes and how my kids are growing. It is a simply designed page with just a few easy techniques I'll share below.




Using the Chewing Gum Paint Dabber I was able to add a small splash of pink to my page. I first blotted some on the back of a scrap piece of the pattern paper. Using a punch I then created confetti to use under the vellum that I stamped the Jar on. {The adorable jar stamp is available in the February Main Kit.}


I used it directly below the heart cut out on the "hello" piece as well as used it to stamp the heart next to my journaling.



And lastly,  I used a brush with the paint to pop the heart in the "sunshine" cut out. 



Have fun & paint something today!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Megan! I adore the stamping ON the pocket with the confetti under.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love working with paint on my pages, so I absolutely love all these ideas! Thanks for the inspiration!!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete