Thursday, February 7, 2013

Welcome and Welcome to Tina Walker!

We were super excited to have one of our Ambassadors, the fun and talented Tina Walker, guesting with us this month.  We are even more excited to announce that she will be joining our kit club gallery each month!  Here's a little bit more from her . . . 

Hi! Tina here today and I am so excited to be Guesting with JBS this month. The kit was FULL of the new 'Modern Mercantile' collection. I LOVE this line. Green has always been a favorite color of mine, but combined with the yellow and brown - WOW!

A little about me...

I am a working mom, working outside the home. I have been crafty since I was a little girl (I have my grandma to thank for that) and created my first scrapbook over 15 years ago. My latest obsession with scrapbooking started 3 years ago and I haven't stopped since.

My children are grown, so much of my crafty inspiration comes from my two French bulldogs, Moose and Flikka. They are getting quite the reputation in the scrapbook world. :) I live in snowy Salt Lake City, Utah, but am an Mid West girl by heart.

Scrapbooking is a sanity outlet for me. There is nothing better than coming home after a demanding day 'on the job' and getting 'lost' in paper, glue, and pretty little embellishments.

You can visit me at my blog, 'A Dog's Life'. (http://adogslife-thirteen.blogspot.com/)

Now let's get back to this amazing kit!

My favorite layout from the February kit is 'Selfie'. I love creating layouts with small pops of color and design. The simply stamped background {love this stamp}, with lots of LAYERS is my favorite type of layout to create. I just love it when little pops of color and pattern peek from behind your photo.

I also love the stencil and cut files that are included with the kit. Adding little details on your projects from either of these, really makes these kits special and amazing!

Doris asked me to share a picture of ONE of my favorite things in my 'creative' room. I couldn't decide on just ONE thing, so I combined several of them into ONE picture. (Okay, so I'm not so good at following directions - LOL).

My She Art wall - I love the creative expression of creating art canvases.
My vintage, script typewriter - I love to type my journaling and the script font is fab-u-lous!
My dog art - no explanation needed :)

Doris also asked that I share a favorite picture. Since my boys are 'older', it is really hard for me to get pictures of them. (they just don't seem to cooperate like they did when they were younger). This past fall, when I was back home (in Ohio), I 'convinced' them to go to a local park and get some pictures. This picture was taken with my phone and it was one of those 'in the moment' photos. I just love this picture and it really captured a special moment with my boys.

Lastly, I would like to thank Jenni and Doris and the amazing JBS Team for allowing me to share in this passion for paper art. I am so blessed to be part of the JBS Ambassador family, and am super excited to continue as a Design Team member for the kit! What fun! I can't wait!

Be sure and check out what the design team created with the February kit! You WILL be inspired!
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Yeeeeeessssss! I am *SO* happy you are going to be on the kit team as well as the Ambassador team --- because I truly adore everything you make! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Tina! That is wonderful and I love how you used the stamp as a background in your layour!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting, congratulations, Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Tina! Your work is amazing & I will enjoy seeing what you do each month with the kits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faaaabulous news Tina Wooooot :)

    ReplyDelete