Monday, October 21, 2013

Halloween mini album

Hi JBS fans! Amanda here today to show you what I created for this year's halloween photos. I'm generally not a big mini-album creator. However, Halloween is one time of year when minis work for me. See - everything's more fun at Halloween!


This year I've created an album with one of Jenni's round chipboard albums. I've decorated the cover and inside pages ready for my journaling and the photos will go on each opposite page.


 I thought I would share with you how I achieved the marbled look on the cover of my album. It's a super-simple technique I use all the time as I love how it looks.

I often use acrylic paint for this, but this time I used watercolours. I used the stuff that comes in tubes rather than blocks, as I wanted thick, intense colour.

1. First I spritzed a little water onto my cover with an old mist bottle.
2. Starting with the lightest colour, in this case, yellow, I added a blob of paint to one area of the cover. Using a very wet paintbrush I then swirled the colour around a little, creating variations in the intensity of the colour.
3. I then dried it with my heat tool to speed things up.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 in different places with the other colours, until your cover is complete!

Have a happy halloween!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Love your mini!! I ordered it and I'm having so much fun with it! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete