Saturday, October 5, 2013

Welcome out October Guest, Michelle Houghton!




This month we are excited to welcome Michelle Houghton to the JBS Mercantile gallery!  Be sure to check out the rest of her beautiful work (with more coming on the 15th for our mid-month gallery updates!) along with the rest of the design team.  Don't forget to check out our kits, limited edition kits, flea market, and the huge sale on past kits.  Jenni has been busy with some great vintage finds and one-of-a-kind Jenni creations!

Michelle Houghton is a wife, mother and artist living in Iowa. Even before she began scrapbooking, she was a lifelong artist, majoring in Fine Arts at the University of Oregon and then teaching high school art for 7 years. Michelle has been scrapbooking for more than 15 years and she enjoys adding her own art, doodles and handmade elements to her pages for a one-of-a-kind look.Michelle teaches doodling, Copics, handlettering and more in her classes at Creative Passion and at workshops throughout the Midwest. She writes tutorials and is part of the Creative Team at Get It Scrapped! Most recently Michelle has begun working on the Special Projects team with Imagination International Inc., the US distributor of Copic products. You can find links to all of Michelle's classes and doings at her blog Scrapweaver.com.
I chose this Halloween layout as a current favorite because I love not only how the vellum frame turned out but the rub-on over the mini album page just looks cool. I do not use a lot of rub-ons and it always exciting when something new works so well!

I took this shot on the first day of school this year. It is an Instagram shot again and I took it for a photo a day challenge at Get It Scrapped, I have taken a lot of fun photos over the past two months and many have turned out well, but look at these two faces how could this not be a current favorite?!

This is a quick Instegram shot of my newly re-organized shelves in my scrap room. I have to say it always feels good to clear the shelves, re-organize the drawers and purge, purge, purge! I shifted all of my albums out into the family room where we can enjoy them more and opened up a lot of space to spread out my supplies and tools.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Yea Michelle! I'm so glad to see you creating this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, it was great to see you in the gallery this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I am having a blast creating with the beautiful kits. I am excited to share more on the 15th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Michelle! Was so excited to see your pages, with this month's kits...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete