Friday, March 21, 2014

Amanda's Studio Space

 
Hi everyone! Amanda here today to give you a little look at where I create. I don't have a craft space at home any more, my studio is actually a 20 minute drive away! I outgrew my house and needed a dedicated space as it is used for both work and play. Despite the fact that I can no longer craft into the wee hours, I love having a place away from all the other distractions that go hand in hand with working at home!


As part of a very old building that used to be a sawmill many years ago, my studio is rustic with old stone walls. I love the character they add! This corner houses a large portion of my scrapbooking supplies. The drawer units hold embellishments and other miscellaneous supplies. The ones on the left contain all my Jenni Bowlin goodies and small vintage items and ephemera. On top is a set of vintage filing trays which I use to keep photos I've printed ready to scrap with.


On top I have all my 12x12 paper and other bits in vertical storage files. The antique wooden drawers at the far end contain all my stickers and rub-ons, with 2 baskets on top holding more vintage goodies.


To the right of all my drawers I have this old furniture piece. On top I have all the large "tool" items which I use regularly: my Silhouette Cameo, vintage typewriter and sewing machine. There are also a few old frames and things I plan to make something with...one day. Inside this cabinet I keep  fabric and sewing items, consumables for my silhouette, stamps and a bazillion bins of vintage buttons ;-) Just peeking out behind you can see a shelf unit - that's where I keeps books and other random items.


On the other side of the room is my desk. It's a huge vintage desk which allows me to spread out when creating as well as keep a multitude of my most-used supplies out where I can reach them.


I use various trays and dishes to hold supplies as I create. The white tray you see here I use to hold stickers, paper scraps and packs of things that are too big to fit into my smaller glass or ceramic dishes. The tiered basket at the back takes care of my Washi tape addiction.


Along the back of my desk I have several divided containers which hold mostly die-cuts. I use them on almost every project so I have them in open bins and containers so I can dig through as I work. The piles on the left are my "incoming" items. Things I've recently bought that I don't want to file away into my stash to get forgotten until I've used them a little bit! Hanging behind them are a few "baggies" of vintage items I've put together for upcoming projects and paper scraps that are too cute to throw away.


Inside and on top of the drawers to the left of my desk are all my art supplies - paints, pens, brushes, etc. The basket you can just about see underneath my desk holds more painty things and mists.

Right in the middle of the room I have a huge workbench which serves as a second workspace. I use this for creating with my Mercantile kits or for any project that requires more spreading out. I love it as it's the right height for standing and I do like to scrapbook standing up. I wasn't going to show you this as it's currently in what I affectionately call "aftermath status", after a flurry of magazine deadlines, recording class videos and creating with the March Mercantile kits! But I can trust you not to judge me, right...?



Shh... don't tell!

My studio looks a little chaotic but, I promise, it's a very highy organised kind of chaos and incredibly functional! I hope you enjoyed taking a look around my creative home. Have a great day!

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Wow. I love it Amanda. What a wonderful spacious space! And it is do organized. Thanks for the peek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool place amanda! It would be hard for me to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful space!! Love the vintage feel of it! Would love to see a pic of the building .... An old sawmill, how awesome is that!! The south west of England is my favorite part of the world and you actually live there! Sigh. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete