Friday, March 14, 2014

White + Ivory + Gold

I recently challenged myself to try the elegant color combo of white, ivory and gold. I've seen beautiful layouts using this color scheme but haven't had quite the right photos to use with it. So when I saw these shots of our new tortoiseshell cat, Scout, I knew I had no excuse not to try it out!



I found the perfect supplies in this month's Mercantile Kits and several of the new JBS releases. On the ivory background, I used the new Scattered Stars and Pennant Rub-Ons.  These go on so smoothly and easily - just like butter!


I mounted my photos on a set of the wood veneer Book Covers, which provided a great matte that coordinated with my colors and provided a little dimension. I also layered several generic shipping tags and a Printed Kraft Tag, along with one of the Studio Calico acrylic overlays.  I love how they add a subtle touch of white but let my background show through. I used machine stitching to hold everything down and to form some subtle frames around my two photos. All of these supplies are from this month's Mini Album Kit !

For a finishing touch, I tucked in several pairs of the Crystal Clear sequins around the page (also in the Mini Album Kit ).  I really love their iridescent shimmer and shine!




So if you're inspired to try out the ivory + white + gold color combo, the new JBS projects are a great place to start! Several of this month's Mercantile Kits contain the new releases, and they are now available at several online retailers.

Happy Scrapping!


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Lisa! I love how you tucked in the sequins and only used a portion of the pennant rub-ons!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty page! Perfect for that new pretty kitty girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty kitty and what a great layout!!

    ReplyDelete