Monday, March 31, 2014

March Guest: Sian Fair


Our March Gallery was so inspiring with the addition of Sian Fair as our talented guest.  Sian has a lovely way with words and a light and delicate hand with her crafting that combine to create beautiful and meaningful pages.  Here is a little more about her . . .
 
I’m Sian Fair and I live in the UK with my husband and two teenagers. I’ve been making stuff since my Grandma taught me to knit at the age of five and I started to scrapbook as soon as I discovered how many of my favourite things it brought together in one wonderful hobby. I love to cut up paper and write and record and take photographs all at the same time! I contribute to Scrap365 magazine and to Jot and I am a member of the Creative Team at Get It Scrapped. When I’m not knitting, sewing, scrapbooking or reading you can find me blogging at From High In The Sky.”
 
It was hard to choose a layout from the March kits! I couldn’t resist a bit of a St Patrick’s Day theme, using that fresh green paper, with a page about my daughter playing “trad” or Irish traditional music, but I also very much enjoyed making “Big Fish” because I had the pleasure of using some photos of my hometown which my friend Ruth took when she was visiting. Thanks Ruth. 

This is a photo of a March mood board I’ve been pulling together. I loved the chalkboard flair in the kit this month and meant to add one to my board – but then I used them all up instead.

This photo of me as a little girl becomes my favourite photo every time I rediscover it. I don’t know that there has been a photo of me before or since that I have liked any better. I love the colours, and the memory of that car. It’s like the one from the Harry Potter books!

Thanks for the inspiration Sian!  We have so enjoyed your work with us this month (and little you is too, too adorable!).  :)
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I'm always in awe of Sians creative mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so nice to see Sian here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a precious photo of you as a little girl, Sian! It's terrific to have you as a guest this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sian's work; been following her for quite some time now. So lovely to discover her here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also a fan of Sian's words and creative work! So nice to see her guesting here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't you adorable! Fun to see you hanging out over here at JBS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you here Sian - that photo of little Sian is adorable! I LOVE that car!

    ReplyDelete