Monday, March 10, 2014

The Positive and the Negative

One of my goals this year has been to use my Silhouette Portrait more often. What better way to work on that goal than with the JBS Mercantile kit cuts! I am completely in love with this month's kit cut. Especially since I realized that both the positive and the negative bits were so easy to use.


My first layout was made with the stencil. I used one of the new chalkboard style flatbacks to highlight my journaling. I love how it adds just a touch of the chalkboard trend to my layout.


The stencil leaves behind plus sign shaped confetti! I used a glue pen to adhere rows of little plus signs to this layout. I love that I can use everything from one cut to create two layouts! I snuck in another of this year's trend's bu using Lavendar Sachet ink. It's very close to the Pantone color of the year, Radiant orchid. I used the ink pad to color the letters in the first layout. I have a homemade mist which is the blend of the re-inker and water. I used the mist on the second layout.

How are you using this month's kit cuts? We would love to see them in the Gallery.



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE both of these. I love that you used the stencil two ways.... and now I think I really need it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these layouts Christy!!! Your colors are so fresh and springy! :):)

    ReplyDelete