Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Retro Dime Store from Jenni Bowlin

Here are a couple Jenni Bowlin layouts from when "Tangerine Dream" first debuted. I don't know about you, but I never tire of looking at Jenni creations. Jenni writes, "Believe it or not, my layout title came from a billboard advertising liquor (but I thought it was perfect for a page)! I cut out a floral section from the pattern paper and used that below the photo. To age my stickers a tiny bit, I sanded them slightly after they were adhered. As a last detail I added the gold monogram crowns to each head (my husband appreciated this oh-so-much)!"

"When I made this trail of butterflies I originally had settled on stitching their flight pattern. At the last minute I decided to come up with something a little different and unexpected- hence the glitter trail! First outline your trail lightly with a pencil. Erase small sections at a time, beginning at the bottom. Dot the path with the end of a small paintbrush handle that has been dipped in Paper Glaze or clear drying liquid glue. Sprinkle on glitter and shake off excess. Continue with these steps until you have completed the flight pattern!"


In addition to the Dime Store Kit contents, these also include the Chalkboard Alpha Stickers in Brown and Gold Crown Number Rub-ons. Thanks for the inspiration Jenni!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. So cute...love the little crowns!
    craft-tastrophe

    ReplyDelete