Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Shimelle Laine inspired by Jenni Bowlin

This month the design team is getting inspired by Jenni Bowlin! Here is Shimelle Laine's lovely contribution.
Take inspiration from Miss Jenni herself? That literally flooded my mind with ideas - I love Jenni's creative vintage style. But I knew pretty quickly I specifically wanted to take inspiration from something older, because I loved Jenni's pages from the moment they started to appear in magazines and such... and one thing I respect about Jenni so much is how her pages are timeless. The pages she created several years ago are just as beautiful now and have dated from trends and fashion.

I decided to take my inspiration from the second layout in this post: jennibowlin.blogspot.com/2006/06/june-gallery-and-other-s...because it illustrates something I've always loved about Jenni's style - how she plays with proportion and space to create pages with something unexpected but not overwhelming. I loved the large photo, the staples, the addition of little things right on top of the image. So I started with those ideas and away I went. A layout of my own with a big photo stapled to the background, stars and butterflies and writing right on top of the picture. I love how it looks in my album - it's a great change of pace but by picking my favourite motifs, it stays true to my style and fits the flow of all the pages in the book.
All supplies by JBS aside from kraft cardstock (American Crafts).Alterable Alphas - ledgerMemo book - orange (star sticker)Apothecary stickers - red (star border, star sticker)Border cardstock sticker - red (pinked border)Butterfly Banner stickers - yellowMini Chalkboard Alpha stickers - blackDotted label stickers - red and blackname/date stamp
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. i love the way you were inspired by jenni's style but kept it your own. awesome page!

    ReplyDelete