Friday, October 7, 2011

Betsy Sammarco inspired by Jenni Bowlin

This month, the design team was asked to scraplift Jenni Bowlin herself, or include items or techniques in our project that remind us of that iconic JBS style.

Really? Oh my! I could go on and on about JBS style, but that wouldn't be fair to the rest of the design team now, would it! And after all, it's Jenni Bowlin products and kits that pulled me out of a scrapbooking slump in 2009!

One thing that is striking to me about Jenni's style is her ability to put glittery shine on any layout without it looking overdone or too fussy. I tried to do the same in this Halloween layout.



I covered a Chipboard Star with a piece of the Vintage Halloween 2011 Mini Patterned paper, positioning it so I captured 3 patterns on the star. I added glitter to the edges of the star.

I also took a Black Doily Flower, covered it with a light coat of glue, and tipped it upside down into a plate of German glass glitter. I then used a sticky foam square on a pencil to lift the flower straight up. After it was dry, I took a paint brush and lightly brushed the extra off.






Supplies used:













German glass glitter (used on the doily flower - LOVED it!)

Craft store glitter was used on the star

german foil strip



Be sure to visit the Inspiration Blog this month and see the rest of the design team's take on Jenni Bowlin Studio style!





Pin It!

4 comments: