Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gettin' More At the Dime Store



That is with the Dime Store Kit I mean! Check it out, over 35 percent off retail and you get a ton of goodies! Like two packs of journaling cards, 12 sheets of paper, a sheet of die cut paper, a pack of vellum butterflies, a gold floral rub on, letter and banner stickers, two house cards, and the mini circle book. The floral paper I used here reminds me of vintage wallpaper so I wanted to use the full sheet as the background.

This is the first time I've had the chance to play with this lovely line and I really like the results! It's just perfect for fall. I'm using the circle album for my October Daily.


I also added a few stamps to my page by Ali Edwards and My Mind's Eye. The buttons are by Papertrey Ink and are the Poppy color choice. Jenni's Cough Syrup Ink works beautifully with this line.


So here's the second layout I made. I traced Jenni's chipboard butterflies onto the patterned paper and cut them out. I layered those butterflies with ribbon, from my stash, and circle punched accents topped with one of the little letter stickers from the banner sheet. As you can tell, I could not resist cutting out strips of the candy drops paper.

I got the idea to color in the letter stickers from my fellow design team member, Lisa Dickinson. I thought that was such a great idea! I used a brown Sharpie marker to make the letters a contrasting color to the background. I also used the JBS Chili Powder Re-inker mixed with water in a spritz bottle to mist the die cut paper.


I also sewed around each one of my butterflies before I glued them down. Nothing perfect but I liked the added definition to the edges of the butterflies. Since my daughter's shoes just kind of pop out of the photo right at ya, I thought I would bring just a touch of pink into the layout with the vintage lace ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, briana your LOs knock it out of the park!! i love the banners and the graduated buttons and the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete