Friday, October 21, 2011

Celeste Smith inspired by Jenni Bowlin



Jenni Bowlin is simply amazing. She knows exactly when to stop putting items on her pages and underlying her techniques is a breezy simplicity that I just adore. I loved her layout (above) so much I didn't dare alter it much. 


I converted the page to 8.5x11 and used a journal card instead of the label paper Jenni used. As well, I added stars instead of butterflies. I avoided her ink treatment because I'm notorious for making a huge mess with ink and used a star punch instead. Jenni even inspired me to use my handwriting! I usually type my journaling, but in this case I think it adds personality and warmth to the page.




Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful scrap lift! Yes, JB knows how to do it right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo pretty, Celeste! Love the stars too!
    craft-tastrophe

    ReplyDelete